Sunday, January 10, 2010

On the 4th Day of Christmas...

I gave Devin 4 play cell phones. I couldn't come up with anything better. I was kinda mad that I couldn't at least find candy phones. They were not to be found. I even sent my mom on shopping sprees when I was at school or work, but we had no luck. But it turns out that he kinda likes them. Ha I was worried he would just have to throw them away. We joke about how I made an investment in some toys for our kids and prevented them using our phones. These ones make noise and have a picture on the screen and actually look pretty real. I forgot this picture too so I just pulled one from the internet. Gotta have something! I also gave him packets of chiclets to subsitute the birds ("chicks"). So it was a funny day.






So here is the poem! The last line will be explained.

On the 4th day of Christmas...

Your true love figured live birds weren't the best idea.
So this will have to do:

Instead of hearing Christmas bells it's phones you'll hear all season.
Of course they won't really sing, but calling was my reason.
The chiclets are substitutes for the birds you see,
because who wants four live birds besides the Coveys??


I work as a nanny for one of the Covey families and they have two daughters that LOVE animals. I think it's great, but I would not ever want that many animals in my house or in my yard. Right now they have 5 bunnies, an African Grey Parrot, a Parakeet, hamsters (not sure how many), chickens, roosters, and a dog. They are such fun kinds and whoever gets the animal actually takes care of it! I think that is so great. They are awesome kids and I love working over there and seeing them almost every day. So there's the 4th day of Christmas! More to come. Sorry if this bores you. I wanted to document all of this just in case we ever lose the hard copies of everything. And just in case someone would enjoy it.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Christine, You are so clever! I love reading the poems, and seeing how creative you are :)