Sunday, January 10, 2010

On the 3rd Day of Christmas...

I made Devin a chicken dinner. My mom had to help me a LOT because my boss called me in to work very last minute and I had a lot of other things that I had to get done. I made it at my parent's house and then drove back down to Provo after work. When I got to Devin's apartment, he wasn't home. Surprising him...harder than you might think. He was donating plasma. So I waited for him for like 20 minutes or so. Then we ate dinner together! So Dev took a picture of us and he was holding the poem. I forgot to take a picture of the food. I made Terraki Chicken, corn, rolls, and white grape peach juice.




Here is the poem I wrote to go along with the meal.

On the 3rd day of Christmas...

Your true love didn't want to give you live chickens,
so this will have to do:

A yummy chicken dinner just for you and me
is not exactly something that goes underneath the tree.
But I promise it's good and you'll enjoy it
and with each bite you'll think it's a hit.
At least I hope this turns out to be true...
because for the rest of your life, i'm cooking for you!

No comments: