Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Apparently...

..being engaged changes your entire persona. You no longer have a desire to do anything but sit on a couch with your fiance. School, homework, work and anything else that you did value, turns into some kind of mirage. So foreign. Ok if you know me AT ALL, you know I'm kidding. This is a more common misconception than I expected. My teachers, some friends, and even people I don't know think this is so true no matter who you are! Ha I actually find it kind of amusing. Today, my Spanish teacher handed us our quiz. I looked at it thinking "this is not what I studied...and it doesn't say prueba (quiz) on it." So naturally, I asked my teacher if I had written down the date of the quiz correctly. She said: "yes, this is a quiz..." and I proceeded to tell her that my paper had no such indication. She walked over to me with this teasing look on her face and showed me a copy of what she had handed out. She pointed to it and said: "Prueba. Right there." Just as I was lifting my paper to show her it was a different handout than what she intended to give me, she said: "I know that ring has changed your world and all, but this is a quiz." Sort of annoyed I told her my paper was not the quiz. She was pretty embarrassed. Now I know that not only did you probably have to be there to appreciate the humor and all other emotions of this situation...you would probably have to be me. I was just glad that I had a chance to show that I have not suddenly transformed into a ditz due to my engagement. Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Team Serra said...

haha...that was pretty rude of her. you'll also have a thousand people ask you "are you getting excited" for the next couple of months too....the most obvious question you could ask...

Chelsea Nicole said...

Haha... way to put her in her place

Devin said...

I hope it's okay because being engaged actually has changed my entire persona. I no longer have a desire to do anything but sit on a couch with my lovely fiance. School, homework, and everything else i did value has turned into some kind of mirage. I'm okay with it though, if you had a fiance like mine, then you would be affected the same way.