Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Once Upon a December -- Recap

Alright December recap from the 7th on! I know most people probably don't care about this and that's okay. This was mainly for me because I realized I am a pessimist and I want to change that. I was terrible at keeping up my gratitude month! At least on my blog. I did great at keeping my gratitude journal! So busy, but I should have done it anyway! So here we go.

8th - Christmas Decorations: Devin and I went shopping at the Riverwoods in Provo and it was so beautifully decorated with tons of Christmas lights and there was music playing with bonfires around to keep you from freezing your butt off. It was so fun!

9th - Children: Working at the Chiropractor, there are tons of fun families that come in. I loved those families. There were some kids in particular that just made my day when they came in. One kid that loves getting adjusted and loves playing at the office was particularly fun. He was always smiling and running around. So I was thankful for kids that day.

10th - Reuniting: My friend Berit came home from Paris after being gone all semester and I was so glad that she came home! Missed you Ber! Glad you're home. :)

11th - Preparation: Devin and I moved to Salt Lake on the 22nd and this time, I had some extra notice that we would be moving. Even though we didn't know for sure where we were moving until the 18th, I at least knew we were going somewhere a few weeks before we did. The last time we moved (from Highland to Provo), I had 2 days to pack and clean and hightail it out of there. So this move was much better! PS I have pictures of our apt in Provo and I will take some of our new place once we finish putting it together.

12th - Kind people: We had our Ward Christmas Party a few days before and my Visiting Teacher sat by me and was so nice to me. Other than that, not very many people talked to me so I was really thankful for her. Good food there too!

13th - Finals Week: Only because it wasn't my finals week. Devin had to take his finals and get his grades before we knew where we were moving. We had both been anxiously waiting for this week and on the 13th, it had finally come.

14th - Fun days at work: Every month at my old job, we had a color week. All the kids that wore the right color got prizes. Cheap, crappy prizes, but prizes non the less. It was so fun to watch them pick out their prizes, and play with them. I loved decorating the office and wearing the same color every day of the week. Ok so the last part wasn't my favorite, but it definitely cut off a few minutes from my prep time in the morning!

15th - Health: I recently realized that I tend to take my good health for granted. And on the 15th I decided I was going to try to do better about being thankful for being in good health and also working harder at getting in good shape.

16th - Finishing projects: FINISHED PACKING!!! Enough said.

17th - Blessings: Devin passed the semester! We found out we would be moving to Salt Lake to attend Nursing School at Westminster!

18th - Change: Hard as it may be, change has always been good for me. I am thankful for another change in our life.

19th - Finishing Chapters: It was our last Sunday at our ward in Provo and I was happy to be completing another chapter in our lives and beginning a new one. It was a great day at church too. It's not the same as change. At least not in my mind!

20th - Organization: I know that it makes me weird, but I like to organize. And clean. And that day, I got to start cleaning and unpacking our new place!

21st - Landmarks: It was my parent's and my sister's anniversary. I love other people's anniversaries. I'll love mine when I have my first one! I just love to see how far people come in a year and see how glad they are that they are still together.

22nd - A WHOLE DAY to organize: I got sick somehow and got to spend the whole day with Dev unpacking and finished it ALL!

23rd - Breaks: Finished with work until after Christmas!

24th - Christmas!!!: The true meaning. I am so thankful for my Savior who was born, lived as the best example to all mankind, and then died for us.

25th - Holidays with Devin: Dev and I hardly saw each other last semester. And while I know that will start up again tomorrow (literally), it was so fun to have a break with him where I could see him every day and spend tons of time with him.

26th - Good, clean entertainment: We went to see Tangled with Devin's family and I LOVED IT! Loved that it was cute, entertaining, fun, and CLEAN!! That is so rare these days. Great music too!

27th - Fun games: I am very picky about games. VERY picky. But at Devin's parent's house and my parent's house, we played some pretty fun games! I was thankful that I had fun playing games. Random and sad, I know.

28th - Down time: I have been so stressed out that I haven't really had room to breathe until Christmas break. Devin's family is so easy going so it was fun to just hang out.

29th - Stores that have pants that fit me: Don't judge. It is so hard for me to find good pants. Pants that fit! I am the shortest you can be without actually being considered 'under average', but I have long legs. They do NOT make pants, (especially dress pants), for shorter girls with long legs, no hips, and small bums. I have NEVER been able to find such well fitting pants until this day. A monumental day for me!

30th - Family Togetherness: All of my siblings were at my parent's house for New Years this year. It has been a while since we were all together and had time to talk and play games. We were together for my wedding, but that was really busy and just for a few hours with just the family.

31st- New Beginnings: Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Elise said...

You're so good Christine! What a great thing to do!
How do you guys like your new place?

Christine said...

Oh thanks Elise! We love our new apartment! Devin just got a job at Salt Lake Regional as a CNA and I am still job hunting. How are you guys?