Thursday, January 21, 2010

In the Waiting Room...

I am at the University of Utah Hospital waiting to see my new nephew! My sister-in-law Chelsea gave birth to Kayden Christian Beckstrand this morning at 10:13 after pushing since 9:56. He weighs 6 lbs 11 ounces and we think he is about 18 or 19 inches long. I was at work and my mom called and told me that Chelsea was dilated to a 10 and 100% effaced and ready to deliver. So I asked my awesome boss if I could go to the hospital and she gladly said I could. I am so thankful for her! She is so great. I am so happy that I didn't have to miss out on this. We weren't here when he was born, but we got here shortly after. I am here with my parents. This is so much fun! I have seen pictures, but I haven't seen him yet. If you want to see pictures now, check out Dave and Chelsea's blog at www.cicichelsea.blogspot.com. Apparently he was a screamer! He is in the ICU right now. He is breathing on his own so that is good! Man I love being an aunt. I wouldn't trade it for anything. To all my nieces and nephews, I miss you and love you all! Happy Birthday to my nephew Carter who is exactly a year older than his new little cousin! I am now an aunt for the 17th time!

Emmeli: 14
Matt: 12
Natalie: 10
Derek: 8
Shelly:6
Taylor: 12
Kylee:10
Jacob: 7
Landon: 3
Carter: 1 TODAY!
Caleb: 7
Ellie: 5
Levi: 2
(Keller baby on the way! Due in March)
Cameron: 5
Isaac: 3
Macey: 1
(Marchant twins on the way! Any day but we hope they wait for 2 weeks!)
and...drum roll please..... KAYDEN! 2 hours old!
Just wanted to post how lucky I am to have all these great kids in my life! I hope I have kids just like them. :)

Now I am waiting in Chelsea's recovery room to see Kayden. I'll post pictures when I see him!

1 comment:

anon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.