Friday, July 13, 2012

Little Claire

Lately Claire has exposed some new aspects of her personality. She is a TALKER. She is almost constantly babbling. She says 'da da' all the time but has only said 'mama' a couple of times. She is probably the most social baby I have ever seen. She freaks out when she sees other kids. She loves to watch them in action. At church, another baby and her mom sat in front of us in Sunday School and Claire started squealing and flailing her arms and legs. I had to take her out of the room. The other mom and baby joined us in the foyer because the baby was crying. Claire spotted her again, and same thing. Smiling ear to ear just excited to have found a friend. You should have seen the other baby's face. It was an expression of fear paired with genuine concern. I got a kick out of that.

 Claire has a few things that she is obsessed with. The oddest one would be clocks. She LOVES clocks. Every time she sees one, she squeals and smiles and sometimes even laughs. She is especially fond of the one in Devin's parent's house that has a pendulum. Like any baby, she loves mirrors and staring at herself. A few funny habits...Every morning when I pick her up and start to head to the kitchen, she puts both hands on my face (digging her nails into me ever so slightly), gives me a HUGE smile, and big wide eyes. Probably the best part of my day, minus the clawing. Sometimes my face has tiny little scratch marks. I look like I just bought a new kitten or something. Hopefully that phase ends soon. She often goes for the neck too and that's almost as bad as the nose.  


Claire is in 12 month clothes for the most part. She is almost 28 inches tall and weighs almost 18 pounds. Growing girl, this one! She can't quite crawl, but that doesn't mean she isn't mobile! Just in the last week she has been rolling all over the place. I give her a small pile of toys on a blanket whenever it's time to play. She selects a toy and rolls around the room just holding it. She will make an occasional stop on her back to play a little and then she keeps rolling until the wall stops her. Don't worry, she never runs into the wall. She sees it, smiles, and rolls the other way until something else gets in her way. Then after a minute or two, she will roll back to the blanket, scoot over to the toys to pick another one, and the whole process ensues again. So funny. She will last upwards of 20 minutes on that.


I will try to take some pictures to post on here in the next little while. Time flies! And I can't believe how big my baby is! 9 months today!

No comments: