Thursday, December 2, 2010

For December 1st

So I have this idea. I have a tendency to be a pessimist sometimes...(well a lot of the time), so I am going to use the holiday season as a way to focus on being grateful for what I have. Each day of this month, (yes even after Christmas), I am going to post at least one thing that I am grateful to have in my life. I encourage you to do the same. Not that you have to do it in the same way I am, (in a journal and on this blog). Just to do it. I have a gratitude journal and it helps me so much. So here it goes! I know I'm so great at this. I already missed December 1st.

Today I am grateful for family. Not that today is the only day I am...haha. I have a fantastic family.

I have a husband who works so hard in school so that he can accomplish his dreams and goals for himself. I've never seen anyone more dedicated. I am so thankful for him.

I have sisters who are great examples, every one of them in their own way. See this post for details on that. My brothers are also awesome and I have always felt so close to them. I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers. And the ages are in that order. 6 girls, 2 boys, then me. When I was younger and people would phrase it that way, I would think to myself...'so what am I? Just because there are two boys ahead of me, I am suddenly my own gender??' Obviously I no longer feel that way. Just thought it was a funny thing.

My parents are incredible people. So strong and even in the midst of a lot of struggle, are such a support to their children. My nieces and nephews and wonderful and I find so much joy in them. I really think I will be a better mom because of them.

The in-law's (all of Devin's family) are so kind and welcoming. Devin's sister Canda lives right across the street and is always so thoughtful. I love living close to she and Tim. Annie is always so great and so fun to talk to when I see her. Every family member is so nice to me and all went out of their way to make me feel a part of their family. Thanks so much you guys!

So here's to family! Thank you for being the kind of people that I can be thankful for.

No comments: